Breaking Information English
Taiwan Bans Find-A-Foreign-Bride Companies
Taiwan gets tough on mail order brides. Beginning with August 1, 2009, there was a ban on organizations that arrange worldwide marriages. Taiwan’s Immigration Agency claims it really wants to stamp out of the practice of Taiwanese males selecting Chinese or South-East Asian brides online. Businesses can not any longer just just take Taiwanese guys on blind-date trips of Asian countries to choose a bride. All Taiwanese males looking to marry an international girl must now connect with a government agency that is approved. A matchmaking cannot be charged by these organizations cost. The only cash that is now able to alter fingers is actually for airfares and resort hotels for international visits. Organizations that make an effort to charge for organizing marriages will soon be fined as much as $US 30,000.
The latest laws are included in Taiwan’s Immigration that is new Act. The area country desires to decrease the true amount of fraudulent marriages. The laws that are previous lots of women entered the united states after marrying Taiwanese males, simply to act as prostitutes. There have been a number of other crimes such as for example insurance coverage frauds. The sheer number of international brides showing up in Taiwan has grown dramatically. Immigration officials report that around 420,000 international partners, mainly brides, joined Taiwan when you look at the very first 50 % of 2009. This figure compares with 410,000 for the entire of 2008. Taiwan’s men have found it tough to locate a bride that is taiwanese. Lots of women are placing their job in front of marriage, marrying at a later on age, or otherwise not marrying teen mail order bride after all.
1. WEDDING: Walk all over class and talk with other pupils about wedding. Change lovers frequently. Sit along with your very very first partner(s) and share your findings.
2. TALK: In pairs / teams, determine which among these subjects or terms through the article are most fascinating and that are most boring.
Getting/ that is tough order / immigration / blind dates / matchmaking / wedding / laws / insurance scams / partners / placing jobs before wedding
Have a chat in regards to the subjects you liked. Change topics and lovers frequently.
3. FOREIGN SPOUSE: would it not be tough to marry somebody from a different country? Finish this table. Share your opinions. Change partner and share that which you heard.
4. GLOBAL WEDDING: pupils A strongly think marriages that are international bad; Students B strongly think worldwide marriages assist the globe. Change lovers once more and explore your conversations.
5. MAIL-ORDER PARTNER: the most important thing in a partner that is mail-order? Place these so as from 1 to 8 (1 is most crucial). Compare your list along with your partner. Change lovers and share again.
_____ feeling of humour
_____ love of life
_____ wants young ones
6. DATE: Spend about a minute recording every one of the various terms you keep company with the term ‘date’. Share your terms together with your partner(s) and explore them. Together, place the expressed terms into different categories.
BEFORE READING / LISTENING
1. REAL / FALSE: go through the article’s headline and imagine whether these sentences are real (T) or false (F):
Taiwan has stopped organizations finding international brides for Taiwan’s males.
Companies utilized to just simply simply take males on trips to meet up with wives that are potential.
It really is not any longer feasible for Taiwanese males to marry a international girl.
There was a financial fine for organizations whom charge matchmaking charges.
Taiwan would like to lower the amount of worldwide marriages.
There have been numerous situations of international brides winding up as crooks.
There have been more international grooms than brides into the half that is first of.
Taiwanese women can be engaged and getting married much more youthful today.
2. SYNONYM MATCH: Match the following synonyms from the content:
3. PHRASE MATCH: Match the following expressions from the content (sometimes one or more. combination can be done):
Taiwan gets tough
of parts of asia
it would like to stamp
affect an authorized
in front of wedding
The only cash that is now able to alter
on mail purchase brides
reduce steadily the quantity of
other crimes such as for instance insurance coverage
out of the training
women can be placing their job
WHILE READING / LISTENING
GAP FILL: place the words to the gaps into the text.
Taiwan is getting ____________ on mail order brides. Beginning with August 1, 2009, there clearly was a ban on organizations that ____________ worldwide marriages. Taiwan’s Immigration Agency states it really wants to stamp the practice out of Taiwanese guys selecting Chinese or South-East Asian brides ____________. Businesses can not any longer simply simply take Taiwanese males on blind-date trips of Asian countries to ____________ a bride. All Taiwanese males hoping to marry a foreign girl must now ____________ to an approved government agency. These organizations cannot ____________ a matchmaking cost. The only cash that are now able to change ____________ is for airfares and accommodations for international visits. Businesses that try to charge for organizing marriages is going to be ____________ as much as $US 30,000.
The newest regulations are ____________ of Taiwan’s brand new Immigration Act. The area country desires to ____________ the amount of fraudulent marriages. The ____________ laws and regulations suggested a lot of women joined the nation after marrying Taiwanese guys, simply to are prostitutes. There have been a great many other ____________ such as insurance coverage scams. How many international brides showing up in Taiwan has ____________ dramatically. Immigration officials report that around 420,000 foreign ____________, mainly brides, joined Taiwan in the 1st 1 / 2 of 2009. This figure ____________ with 410,000 for your of 2008. Taiwan’s men have found it tough to get a bride that is taiwanese. Many women are putting their_ that is__________ ahead of wedding, marrying at a later on age, or otherwise not marrying after all.
LISTENING: Listen and fill out the gaps.
Taiwan is getting that is______________ order brides. Beginning with August 1, 2009, there was a ban on businesses that arrange worldwide marriages. Taiwan’s Immigration Agency claims it wants ________________ practice of Taiwanese guys selecting Chinese or South-East Asian brides online. Companies _________________ Taiwanese males on blind-date trips of parts of asia to pick a bride. All Taiwanese men ________________ foreign woman must now connect with a government agency that is approved. These companies ________________ matchmaking fee. The money that is only is now able to alter fingers is actually for airfares and resort hotels for international visits. Companies that try to charge for organizing marriages ________________ to $US 30,000.
The latest laws are element of Taiwan’s Immigration that is new Act. The area country would like to ________________ of fraudulent marriages. The laws that are previous a lot of women joined the united states after marrying Taiwanese men, ________________ prostitutes. There were ________________ insurance coverage scams. The amount of international brides arriving in Taiwan has grown significantly. Immigration officials ________________ 420,000 foreign spouses, mainly brides, joined Taiwan in the first 1 / 2 of 2009. This figure compares with 410,000_ that is______________ 2008. Taiwan’s men have found it tough to find a bride that is taiwanese. A lot of women are placing their profession in front of wedding, marrying ________________, or otherwise not marrying after all.
AFTER READING / LISTENING
1. TERM RE SEARCH: try looking in your dictionaries / computer to get collocates, other meanings, information, synonyms … for the expressed words‘blind’ and ‘date’.
- Share your findings together with your lovers.
- Make concerns utilizing the terms you discovered.
- Pose a question to your partner / group your concerns.
2. ARTICLE ISSUES: Look right right back in the article and write some questions down you want to ask the class concerning the text.
- Share your questions along with other classmates / groups.
- Pose a question to your partner / group your concerns.
3. GAP FILL: In pairs / groups, compare your responses to the workout. Look at your responses. Talk about the expressed terms through the task. Were they brand new, interesting, well well worth learning…?
4. LANGUAGE: Circle any terms that you do not comprehend. In teams, pool words that are unknown usage dictionaries to get their meanings.
5. TEST ONE ANOTHER: glance at the expressed words below. Together with your partner, make an effort to recall the way they were utilized into the text:
SCHOLAR GLOBAL MARRIAGE SURVEY
Write five GOOD questions regarding worldwide marriage within the dining dining dining table. Repeat this in pairs. Each pupil must compose the questions on their own paper.
When you yourself have completed, meeting other students. Take note of their responses.